Who We Are
Okuhle Media is an award-winning Media and Production company based in Cape Town, South Africa. Officially established in 2003, we have a proven track record of productions comprising television and corporate content and we currently deliver over 500-hours of content per year, both locally and Internationally.
The name Okuhle (Xhosa) means “great things”. We extend this ideology to include great content, great people, great customers and the delivery of great results. Everything we do is based on our philosophy of delivery beyond expectation.
Our three core service offerings are:
Okuhle Productions has two core areas of focus – the creation of the content and the delivery thereof. The Creative division develops the content and secures funding and works with the broadcasters. The Production team execute. They step in once the deals have been made and go into production, this department ensures the highest production standards are upheld and quality is constantly monitored.
An “All Genre” producer – Okuhle produces reality, children’s and youth entertainment, factual, documentary, TV commercials, corporate videos and Made for Mobile content.
Broadcast Studios and Post Production
Trading as MagnaTude Studios & Post, launched in January 2014, this facility is the latest edition to the Okuhle stable. Offering television recording and broadcast facilities along with full post-production services, the facility caters for all segments of the television recording, broadcast and post production market. Designed and purpose-built for live, multi-camera, HD productions, this state-of-the-art complex is the first of its kind in Cape Town.
Okuhle's Marketing division operates as a full service marketing agency that blends traditional tools with constantly evolving online platforms to meet the needs of our clients. Our area of speciality includes experiential marketing where specially tailored campaigns engage as many of the senses as possible in order to immerse the target market in the brand or product. We work with each client individually according to their unique needs to develop and implement a strategy or campaign that will create the highest impact with their prospects and customers and meet their objectives.
Our Accolades Include:
- Premiership Recognition Award: Premiers Entrepreneurship Award in the Established Business Category - Winner 2014
- South African Film and television Awards - Winner: Bitten: Sarah Graham Cooks Cape Town - Winner Best Variety and Lifestyle Program
• South African Film and Television Awards – Nominee: Hectic Nine-9 Nominated for Best Talkshow
• Okuhle Media – Finalist: SA Premier Business Awards – SMME Category
• South African Film and Television Awards – Nominee: Hectic Nine-9 Nominated for Best Variety and Lifestyle Program
• South African Film and Television Awards – Nominee: MyNight Nominated for Best Children’s TV Show
• Inbongi Awards – Winner : “Best Production Company in Cape Town and the Western Cape”
• South African Film and Television Awards – Nominee: Which Way? Nominated for Best Children’s TV Show
• South African Film and Television Awards - Winner: Which Way? Winner of Best Children’s Television Show
• MipTV Content 360 Competition (Cannes, France): First Company to be selected in two categories; Winners – Ogilvy Entertainment Special Category
• Commission – Hectic Nine-9: Largest production contract commissioned to a Cape Town based Production Company
• South African Film and Television Awards – Nominee: Bling! Nominated for Best Children’s Television Show at the first ever SAFTAs
• SITHENGI Film Festival - 2 of 3 shows featured by SABC were Okuhle Productions
As a female owned level 2 BEE Contributor, transformation is important to us. Our company’s core culture of teamwork creates a spirit of unity that enables us to easily overcome challenges and maximise on our varied production and campaign management talents. As a result, our team is highly skilled, which results in reliable, expert advice built around smart, flexible, budget-sensitive productions and advertising campaigns.
Okuhle: Say it “O-koo-schle”