Okuhle Media has proudly announced a significant milestone with the broadcast of no fewer than seven productions to air simultaneously.
This achievement includes the shows Neill Anthony – Private Chef, Hectic on 3, Hectic Nine-9, Beter Assie Bure, Signal High, Yum.me and Siyabonga Gogo which continues to affirm this Cape Town-based, award-winning, media and production company as one of South Africa’s top producers of media content.
Each of the shows boast unique attributes that viewers love.
- Beter Assie Bure is a fast, fun and often funny game show where two teams connect through music and compete in a selection of music-based rounds to determine which team has the best musical knowledge. You can catch it on Thursdays at 19H00 on SABC 2
- Hectic Nine-9 is SABC 2’s flagship youth show which has kept teens entertained with live, interactive action for over a decade every weekday from 16h30.
- Hectic on 3 airs Monday to Friday at 15H00 on SABC 3 and aims to offer younger viewers aged 8-12 years old a full half hour of quality live television, filled with fun and creativity
- Siyabonga Gogo is a delightful, gentle program for pre-schoolers which celebrates the tradition of elders sharing wisdom through storytelling. It is broadcast on etv on Mondays at 15H15 and Saturdays at 06H45.
- Yum.Me, airing on Sundays at 07h30, is an exciting weekly cooking competition for teens and tweens (aged 8 to 16) in which young foodies compete to win the weekly prizes.
- Neill Anthony – Private Chef is a non-scripted food television series that exposes the life of being a successful personal chef in South Africa in which private chef, Neill Anthony, is invited to cook in the homes of his prestigious clients, acquaintances and friends for their personal dinner extravaganzas. Viewers are invited to watch and learn how to prepare ve-star quality meals with all the pro-chef tips included! Tune in to SABC 3 on Wednesdays at 19h30 or Food Network on Thursdays at 21h00. (Or both! We wouldn’t blame you!)
- And finally, Signal High the newest kid on the block which is proving to be an incredibly popular teen drama series that takes viewers on a journey into the lives of a group of learners who are each facing various challenges as they grapple with the high school year. It airs each week on SABC 2 at 16h00.
“This is an accomplishment of which we are incredibly proud,” says Wilna Van Schalkwyk, Managing Director / Executive producer at Okuhle Media. “A strategic growth plan over the last year has seen Okuhle achieving significant success across many aspects of our business” she continued.
“This latest accomplishment speaks volumes about Okuhle’s production capabilities. We play in an industry driven by passion and heart and every single aspect of each production is carefully nurtured and managed, gently crafting an end result capable of meeting its ultimate objective – to entertain, educate, and delight.”
To be able to provide that level of quality and attention to detail across seven productions simultaneously, is a true testimony to the Okuhle team’s dedication and commitment. But, it is about so much more than local, or global, kudos. The South African film and television industry, provider of local and international quality entertainment, is also a valuable and vital source of job creation and skills development. “This latest milestone and achievement is not only a great source of pride but, most importantly, it adds enormous credibility to our brand, all of which serves to enable us to continue delivering a positive contribution towards this important industry,” concluded van Schalkwyk.